8.30 - 8.45am | Conference Registration
8.45 - 8.50am | Welcome and Introduction
2019 ANNUAL CONFERENCE
- Fran Van Reyk | Head of Investor Relations, Qantas Airways Limited and Chairman, AIRA Conference Committee
8.50 - 9.20am | Opening Session
AN ESSENTIAL REGULATORY UPDATE FROM ASIC AND ASX
- Kevin Lewis | Chief Compliance Officer, ASX Limited
- Greg Yanco | Executive Director, Markets, Australian Securities and Investments Commission
- Nadine Blayney | Head of Content, ausbiz (Session Moderator)
9.20 - 9.30am | Fireside Chat - AIRA White Paper
THE FUTURE OF INVESTOR RELATIONS – challenges into 2020 and Beyond
Given the changes taking place in the corporate landscape and global markets, AIRA has undertaken research to prepare a White Paper that looks at how the practice of investor relations is evolving across Australasian Listed Entities. This session will explore the key findings of this research and examine some of the trends shaping the industry’s / profession’s future.
- Kelly Hibbins | Chair, AIRA and Executive General Manager, Investor Relations, Suncorp Group Limited
- Phil King | Group IR Director, Reliance Worldwide Corporation Limited (Session Moderator)
9.30 - 10.15am | Panel
GLOBAL IR TRENDS – if you know about tomorrow, what should you do today?
Reviewing global investor relations trends offers IRO’s an edge when planning the future. This experienced panel of IR professionals will uncover some key trends impacting IR now. Explore how ESG, regulatory and political change are influencing IR and what proactive measures you can take to clarify your future IR plan.
- Guy Gresham | Head of IR Advisory & Investor Solutions, BNY Mellon
- Stephen Scott | Executive Vice Chairman, Investor Advisory, Rothschild & Co (UK)
- Raymond Shelton | Investor Relations and Corporate Communications, Coca-Cola Bottlers Japan Inc
- Tracey Whitehead | Head of Investor Relations, Amcor Limited
- James Thomson | Editor, Chanticleer AFR (Session Moderator)
10.15 - 10.35am | Morning tea and Networking
10.35 - 11.15am | Panel
LEADING AN IR AND ESG PROGRAM WITH PURPOSE
Make a positive impact on your IR program by becoming a purpose led business. Purpose beyond profit can unite a company, enhance culture and reinforce corporate reputation. Join this purpose driven panel to explore how IRO’s can leverage purpose to set strategic objectives, create long-term value and support a company’s ESG program.
- Mary Delahunty | Head of Impact, Hesta
- Amy Hogan | National Manager - Group Sustainability, Stockland Limited
- Antony Strong | Group GM Strategy, ANZ Banking Group Limited
- Giles Rafferty | Corporate Communications & Media Advisor, FIRST Advisers (Session Moderator)
11.15 - 11.55am | Technology Update
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE AND THE FUTURE OF IR
The world’s largest fund managers, brokers and analytics firms are employing artificial intelligence to analyse your company. Move over one-on-ones, the new IR reality is facing algorithms, natural language processing and quantimental analysis. Join the AI experts and find out how to utilise AI to work with IR and explore what’s on the horizon for 2020 and beyond.
- Evan Schnidman | Founder & CEO, Prattle, a Liquidnet Company
- Richard Hockley | Head of Client Solutions, UBS Evidence Lab
- Ian Matheson | Chief Executive Officer, Australasian Investor Relations Association (AIRA) (Session Moderator)
HOW THE DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION IN FINANCE IS REINVENTING ANNUAL REPORTING - FOR GOOD
For listed companies, same day annual reporting is fast becoming the norm. What’s more, regulatory agencies are pushing for greater transparency, through standard electronic formats. Finally, a new generation of stakeholders expects annual reports to be published as responsive websites, easily viewable on any device. Developments like these have had a major impact on how listed companies produce annual reports, requiring automation, improved collaboration, and smart ways to tell stories.
- Erwin Groenendal | Co-founder, Tangelo Software B.V.
11.55 - 12.10pm | Presentation
OWNERSHIP TRENDS IN AUSTRALIA
The session will present an update on ownership trends based on Orient Capital’s unique market view and data.
Providing a snapshot on the average ASX 200 register and show where this has changed over the last year, dive into investment trends by region, and explore what type of investor is driving these changes.
The presentation will also explore key ownership trends across major sovereign wealth /pension funds, a review of the flow of capital into industry funds, and confirm if the internalisation trend of key functions seen at some leading funds last year has continued.
- Justin Ellis | General Manager, Orient Capital
12.10 - 12.50pm | Panel
THE IMPORTANT WORLD OF RETAIL IR
The constant search for new audiences and the creation of a well-balanced share register enhances the importance of retail investors for IR but finding ways to reach them isn’t always a simple task. Join this session and discover how to be smarter when connecting with retail investors, pick up some key tips, build a bigger network and learn how to navigate the important world of retail IR.
- John Daly | CEO, Listcorp
- Greg Dooley | Managing Director, Computershare Investor Services Pty Limited
- Recep III Peker | Research Director, Investment Trends
- Natalie Worley | General Manager, Investor Relations, Rio Tinto Limited (Session Moderator)
12.50 - 1.50pm | Conference Lunch and Networking
1.55 - 2.35pm | Panel
CHALLENGES DRIVING STRATEGIC INVESTOR RELATIONS
With fundamental changes taking place across the global financial markets IR is evolving at a rapid pace. New challenges arise from seismic changes in capital flows, market dynamics, the rise of technology and high-growth stocks, emergence of ‘social contracts’, engagement with proxy advisers, activism masquerades, short-selling and global shareholder targeting are all fundamental to an IR program and are driving change in the way we think. Industry leaders will discuss these critical topics and how corporates can adapt.
- Aaron Bertinetti | Senior Vice President, Research and Engagement, Glass Lewis & Co
- Toby Langley | EGM - Investor Relations, Xero Limited
- Christian Sealey | Chief Operating Officer, Morrow Sodali
- Fran Van Reyk | Head of Investor Relations, Qantas Airways Limited (Session Moderator)
2.35 - 2.55pm | Interview conducted by Ali Moore
IN CONVERSATION WITH KEN MACKENZIE, CHAIR, BHP LIMITED
IR, The Board and Shareholder Engagement
- Ken MacKenzie | Chairman, BHP Group Limited
2.55 - 3.40pm | Panel
ASSET OWNERS – Australia’s major beneficial owners share their thoughts
Don’t miss this candid discussion with some of the most highly regarded asset owners in Australia. Hear directly from them on how they are adapting change, their focus on ESG and what’s driving their investment decisions. This panel is set to take you on a journey into the minds of key decision makers and give IRO’s some fresh approaches to engage with this integral stakeholder group.
- Simon Hudson | Head of Equities, Unisuper
- Chris Pidcock | Head of Equities, REST
- Luke Smith | Portfolio Manager, AustralianSuper
- Tracey Whitehead | Head of Investor Relations, Amcor Limited (Session Moderator)
3.40 - 4.00pm | Afternoon tea and Networking
4.00 - 4.40pm | Panel
TRENDS IN CAPITAL MARKETS – growth of ETFs and passive investment
In today’s changing capital markets IRO’s need to be engaging more than ever before. A shrinking sell-side and the growth of ETFs and passive investment is giving IR teams more to navigate than ever. This panel is designed to open up discussion around where IRO’s should be focusing their time and what the future looks like in capital markets.
- Katie Hudson | Executive Director and Head of Australian Equities Research, Yarra Capital Management
- Alastair Hunter | Chief Investment Officer, Lead Analyst, Investment Manager, Balanced Equity Management
- Chris Karapalidis | Senior Analyst – Managed Research, JBWere
- Jason Steed | MD & Head of Research, JP Morgan
- John Durie | Senior Writer / Columnist, The Australian (Session Moderator)
4.40 - 5.25pm | Closing Keynote
WHO DARES WINS - CHALLENGES FROM THE BATTLEFIELD
Any endeavour requires applying the basics of a clear mission, a
high-performing team, and mastery of self. Mark draws on his experience
at the top levels of Special Operations and business to show you that
the basics done well, are the foundations of mission success.
- Mark Wales | Former SAS Team Commander
5.25 - 5.30pm | Closing Keynote
6.30 for 7.00pm - 10.00pm (followed by post event networking drinks)
BEST PRACTICE INVESTOR RELATIONS AWARDS & GALA DINNER
Other conference events you maybe interested in
AIRA Gala Dinner & Awards Pre-Conference Workshops