AIRA LAUNCHES NEW CALENDAR APP TO HELP IMPROVE THE SCHEDULING OF CORPORATE AND CAPITAL MARKET EVENTS
The Australasian Investor Relations Association (AIRA) today has launched a function rich investor relations app so its members can post important investor events on a calendar to streamline important planning.
AIRA’s chief executive, Mr Ian Matheson said, “the feature rich AIRA Investor Relations Calendar App came after considerable development and testing. The app should help listed entities avoid unnecessary event clashes and provide more visibility of the growing number of investor relations activities that are occurring in Australia and New Zealand.”
“Previously, listed entities in the same industry sectors have frequently chosen dates independently, causing clashes of financial results or investor events with others,” Mr Matheson said. “This makes it difficult for investors and analysts, for instance, to assess results, attend important briefings and issue timely reports.”
“We hope our app will relegate these issues to the past. To the greatest extent possible, everyone will know when such clashes exist and can then make plans to avoid them. It has purpose built, easy to use, effective tools for members to make their own plans and to publish them.”
Given the lengthy lead times that listed companies require for events such as financial results and annual meetings, the full benefits of the app might take a couple of years to be fully appreciated.
The important features of the app include:
- Can be used via the AIRA website or downloaded from the App Store and Google Play.
- All corporate members can publish event dates on a tentative or confirmed basis; view other confirmed dates; view/share tentative dates via a chat function; subscribe to follow companies; and receive notifications/email alerts for new dates published by companies they follow.
- The app is free to corporate members and available to non-member corporates and other subscribers via an annual subscription.
- It uses SSL encryption to limit secure access to the parties intended.
- Provides reminders of events.
- Includes a chat function so event information can be shared with nominated groups.
For more information please contact:
Ian Matheson, Chief Executive Officer, AIRA
T: +61 2 9872 9100
M: +61 419 444 731
The Australasian Investor Relations Association (AIRA) was established in 2001 to advance the awareness of and best practice in investor relations in Australia and New Zealand and thereby improve the relationship between listed entities and the investment community. The Association's 160 corporate members now represent over A$1.2 trillion of market capitalisation, over 80% of the total market capitalisation of companies listed on ASX.