About the Company
ALS is a leading testing, inspection, certification
and verification company head quartered in Brisbane, Australia.
Servicing multiple industries globally, ALS employs over 13,000 staff in
over 65 countries.
For more than 40 years, ALS has been providing services to clients around the world,
helping them make better informed decisions.
At the heart of their services is testing, but today they
do much more than that, providing state of the art technical
solutions, tailored to the modern needs of clients ensuring their clients run their businesses in the most efficient, socially
responsible, market competitive way possible. ALS has built its
reputation around technical innovation, quality, a deep client
understanding, and by being a true technical services partner to many
companies across a broad spectrum of end markets covering most
They are committed to embracing the very latest in technology and
bespoke innovative methodologies to deliver high quality testing
services to clients, thus ensuring their clients’ activities are as cost
effective as possible whilst being absolutely confident they are making
the right decisions based on the data that ALS provides. ALS has the
ability to leverage a multifaceted international team yet still remain
agile enough to provide local expertise and client service that sets them apart.
About the Role
Reporting to the General Counsel & Company Secretary, this role is responsible for managing the Investor Relations function including but not limited to the following.
Position Duties and Scope:
- Managing the development and execution of an investor relations plan and strategy each year, plan to include strategies for external communications regarding capital management, acquisitions and divestments and other corporate investor sensitive actions.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with Company shareholders and the broader investment community including portfolio managers, financial analysts, investment department heads and financial research directors.
- Managing the company’s relationship with other key stakeholders such as Proxy Advisors.
- Managing the development and execution of all IR tools, events and communications materials including:
- ASX Announcements / Media Release
- Financial Results
- Domestic and Offshore IR Marketing Activities including roadshows and broker conferences
- Investor Meetings / Investor Presentations
- Elements of the AGM
- Investor Website
- Annual Report
- IR Databases.
- Internal / External Reporting and Monitoring including:
- Providing performance metrics, analysis and insight for the investor relations function to management and the Board
- Monitoring operational changes through ongoing contacts with Company Management, Marketing and Compliance teams
- Monitoring analyst reports and providing feedback to Management regarding the investment community's perception of how the company is being managed, and their view of its financial results
- Daily market monitoring and trading updates including peer review and insights.
- Receives analyst reports and distributes to the CEO, General Counsel & Company Secretary and the CFO; updates these in the Board portal.
- Global market analysis, company analysis and transaction support.
Experience and Qualifications
- Tertiary qualification in finance, commerce, accounting or similar
- 10+ years of accounting / finance experience
- 5+ years’ experience in managing Investor Relations in a large, ASX-listed organisation
- Strong analytical ability with high attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong relationship management abilities
- Ability to show initiative and accountability
- Sound understanding and interpretation of financial reports
- Demonstrated experience in reputation management
- Highly organised, motivated and disciplined
- There is an amount of domestic and offshore travel required with this role.
Applications for this role should be directed to the AIRA Secretariat via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted up until 25 January 2019. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To discuss this role further, please contact Ian Matheson at the AIRA
Secretariat +61 2 9872 9100. Please note, all inquiries should be
directed to AIRA and not the company directly.