Policy Principles for the Certified Investor Relations Officer Professional Designation
AIRA will apply and be guided by the following policy principles in
the ongoing operation of the Certification Program to ensure that it is:
- worthwhile - that candidates and their sponsors consider that the certification makes a difference to the company and to stakeholders.
- desirable - that the achievement of the
Certification inspires those who have completed the Diploma to seek
continuous professional development and career progression.
- transparent - that processes involved in achieving the professional designation are clearly articulated, and considered fair and equitable.
- credible - that the process, and recipients, are respected.
- influential - that the impact for advocacy in a global market is positive and generates confidence.
- efficient - that the cost and time required to produce the
outcome is necessary. The process of offering a certification is not
‘activity for activity’ sake.
- effective - that the process and professional designation achieve the outcome desired.
- fair – that the principles of natural justice and due process will apply.
| 3 x Online Learning Modules**
Prices are quoted in AUD and are inclusive of GST.
* Application fee is applicable to those applying under the grandfathering provisions and self-nomination.
** 3 x Online Learning Modules are a study-based requirement to complete
this program. There is no requirement for individuals who have
completed the modules ahead of enrolling into the program to undertake
them a second time.
How to Apply
There are two options to apply for AIRA’s Certified Investor Relations Officer (CIRO) program.
Option 1: Grandfathering Provision
AIRA will accept applications from suitably qualified senior
investor relations professionals to be grandfathered into the Certified
Investor Relations Officer program. Applications under this provision
will be accepted for the period from 1 March 2021 to 31 July 2021. The grandfathering provision permits the most senior industry
professionals to be considered to attain the CIRO professional
designation without having to complete the formal educational
requirements. Eligibility under the grandfathering provision will be based on:
b. work experience - as set out in the eligibility criteria above
c. education - educational requirements under the grandfathering provision are not required. An independent Assessment Committee will have total discretion over a applicants suitability.
d. professional contribution that includes at least three of the following:
- a minimum of one term on the AIRA board, and / or
- recipient of an AIRA Fellow recognition, and / or
- spoken at AIRA's Diploma of Investor Relations, Certificate of Investor Relations, ESG for Investor Relations or other AIRA courses or at AIRA's annual conference, half day conference or another virtual event, and / or
- involvement in AIRA's mentoring program, and / or
- involvement in AIRA Committees and / or
- other industry involvement.
An individual's acceptance into the program under the grandfathering provision will be determined by an Assessment Committee.
On attaining the professional designation, recipients
will be required to complete the ongoing CPD requirements of 20 hours
Option 2: Self Nomination
Online applications can be lodged by those not eligible to join
under the grandfathering provision for senior investor relations
professionals, on the basis that you meet the eligibility criteria.